China-based Gunnir is the only company that exclusively produces Intel-based graphics cards. It now transpires (opens in new tab) (thanks to @Zed_Wang ) that the company also has an MXM module based on Intel’s Arc A380 graphics processor equipped with 6GB of GDDR6 memory. Such modules can be used for notebooks, desktops in proprietary form-factors, and embedded applications.
Gunnir’s LM-A380-6G MXM 3.1 Type-A modules seemingly use a desktop-grade Intel Arc A380 (ACM-G11 GPU with eight Xe cores or 1024 stream processors) graphics processor with 6GB of memory connected to the chip via a 96-bit interface, which is highly likely to be faster than laptop-oriented Arc A370M — ACM-G11 with eight Xe cores, 4GB VRAM, and a 64-bit memory interface.
MXM modules are not exactly popular these days. Even high-end gaming notebooks often come with soldered-down GPUs and VRAM. The only exceptions are some Alienware / Dell laptops that use proprietary GPU modules. Making MXM modules based on Intel’s desktop GPUs is something unexpected from Gunnir, yet keeping in mind the company’s focus on Intel-based graphics cards, it is possible that the company wants to address desktops and embedded machines with its MXM 3.1 Type-A cards.
Meanwhile, the LM-A380-6G module is rated for up to 75W thermal board power, which is pretty hot for mainstream laptops, though it’s suitable for desktops and embedded applications. Arc A380 , but perhaps more important than raw GPU performance will be the video capabilities. Having a compact setup powering digital signage might be one use. JD.com (opens in new tab) and Taobao for ¥1999 CNY – ¥2199 CNY ($260 – $286 without VAT). That’s considerably higher than MSRP of the desktop Arc A380. However, keeping in mind that the module is likely aimed at ultra-compact desktops and embedded applications, such a price does not seem to be surprisingly high.
- Intel’s CPU road map: 2020, 2021, and beyond
- What we thought of the Halo Infinite reveal
- Mother, 40, reveals how her blocked nostril turned out to be skin cancer and has had her entire nose removed to cut out the aggressive tumours
- Revealed: Reading terror stabbing victims were three friends - amid fears attack was motivated by homophobia as police continue to quiz suspect Khairi Saadallah
- COVID-19 is quietly ravaging the LGBTQ community
- AMD eyes commercial desktop space with new Ryzen 4000 lineup
- AMD's Ryzen 4000G Renoir Chips: Up to Eight Cores For Pre-Built OEM Systems Only
- The Best Video Game Soundtracks And Where To Stream Them
- Best Shots Advance Review: Amazing Spider-Man: Sins Rising Prelude #1 (7/10)
- How Britain teaches China to conquer the West: UK's top universities share ultra sensitive military and computing research with Chinese colleges linked to the modern Red Army... and take millions from them in funding
Gunnir Quietly Reveals Intel Arc A380 in MXM Form-Factor have 443 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at January 24, 2023. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.