Google is once again ushering in the fall tech season this year with another "Made by Google" hardware event to show off the next-generation Pixel 7 lineup , reveal its long-awaited Pixel Watch , and possibly even offer up another surprise or two.
Google typically holds two events each year: the spring Google I/O conference provides a broad overview of everything that Google is working on, from Android to Google's cloud ecosystem, while its fall Made by Google events (as the name implies) are focused solely on the company's newest hardware products.
Made by Google 2022 will kick off at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT on October 6. While Google is inviting the press to attend the event in person in New York City this year, others can tune in to the livestream from the comfort of their own home or office.
For most folks, the best place to watch will be on the Made by Google YouTube channel since this can be accessed from any device that supports the YouTube app, from your smartphone to your smart TV. Google will also be streaming the event on its Google Store Events page for viewers in the U.S., U.K., and Australia.
The livestream hasn't been posted on the YouTube channel yet, but unlike some of its rivals, Google isn't being coy about what's coming; the Made by Google YouTube channel has plenty of teaser videos to whet your appetite while you wait for the big event.
Google teased the new Pixel 7 and Pixel Watch earlier this year at its annual Google I/O developer event , noting that the products would be arriving in the fall. With the announcement of its October 6 Made by Google event , the company has confirmed outright that we can expect the Pixel 7, the Pixel 7 Pro, and the Pixel Watch .
While it shouldn't come as much of a surprise, Google has also confirmed that the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro will run Android 13 and pack in the next generation of its custom-made Tensor chip that was introduced in last year's Pixel 6 lineup.
The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro will retain the same general design as their predecessors but with a classier and more polished look that uses a 100% recycled aluminum finish across the entire rear casing. There may be minor changes in screen sizes, with the Pixel 7 getting a bit shorter and the Pixel 7 Pro shrinking its bezels to make room for a slightly larger display. Rumor has it that the pricing for the new Pixel 7 lineup will remain on par with that of the Pixel 6.
The Pixel Watch will mark the first smartwatch designed and built by Google. The company notes that it will bring together "Google's helpfulness and Fitbit's health and fitness expertise" in a "new, reimagined WearOS experience." Google has already shown us what the Pixel Watch will look like, and it's evident that the company is going for a minimalist circular design that sticks with a more traditional look for a timepiece.
It's an open question as to whether Google has any other surprises in store. Still, with a new Pixel Tablet slated for release in early 2023 and rumors that a "Pixel Fold" could be coming around the same time , we wouldn't be surprised if Google offers up a few teasers to show us what's on the horizon.
- Xiaomi's new phone has a 200MP camera — and its photos are stunning
- Apple comes clean with what it really thinks about iPhone 14's Dynamic Island
- Pixel 7: Everything we know about Google's 2022 flagship
- My new Apple Watch Series 8 already feels old — and that's great
- Apple Watch Series 8 temperature sensor: what it does and how to use it
- Google Nest Mini vs. Google Home Mini: Smart Speaker Showdown | Digital Trends
- Fitbit Versa VS. Apple Watch Series 4: Which Should You Wear? | Digital Trends
- How to Watch the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Without Cable | Digital Trends
- The Nest Cam IQ Now Has Google Assistant Built in | Digital Trends
- With MWC Cancelled, Here’s What to Expect From Smartphone Makers | Digital Trends
- Nest Aware Subscriptions Getting Simplified, Will Start At $6 Per Month | Digital Trends
- Leaked Samsung's Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Live Images Show Up | Digital Trends
- Huawei Taps TomTom to Help It Navigate to a Google Maps Alternative | Digital Trends
- What Is Google TV? Here's Everything You Need to Know | Digital Trends
- Google Wear OS Brings Remote Play Store App Installation | Digital Trends
How to watch Google's Pixel 7 and Pixel Watch event on Oct 6 | Digital Trends have 796 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 4, 2022. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.