” It has been the honor of my life to represent the people of California 's San Joaquin Valley for the last 19 years,” Nunes said in a letter read on the House floor Monday, according to FOX 26 of Fresno, California.
Last month, Nunes said he planned to leave Congress at the end of the year to join the former president's Trump Media & Technology Group, which was created last January to “even the playing field” against more liberal media.
The company is expected to launch “TRUTH Social,” a social media alternative to Twitter and Facebook .
U.S. Rep. Devin Nunes, D-Calif., speaks in Dallas, July 11, 2021. (Getty Images)
Nunes was first elected to the House in 2002 and has been a Trump ally.
The former president awarded Nunes the Presidential Medal of Freedom last year shortly before Trump left office.
“Congressman Devin Nunes is a fighter and a leader,” Trump said in a statement last month. “He will make an excellent CEO of TMTG. Devin understands that we must stop the liberal media and Big Tech from destroying the freedoms that make America great.”
Former President Trump announced his intention to create a new social media platform after he was banned from Facebook and Twitter last year. (Getty Images)
Former U.S. President Donald Trump leaves Trump Tower in Manhattan on Oct. 18, 2021 in New York City. (James Devaney/GC Images)
Nunes served as chair of the House Intelligence Committee, 2015-2019, and remained the top Republican on the committee until his resignation.
Fox News’ Michael Lee and Jacqui Heinrich contributed to this report.
- Devin Nunes tells Trey Gowdy why he believes the Mueller probe was on 'thin ice' from the start
- Rep. Rodney Davis: Twitter tries to censor Trump with ‘fact check’ but gets its facts wrong on voter fraud
- Trump blasts Democrats for 'fighting hard to keep the Witch Hunt alive' as top Republican on House Intelligence Committee predicts 'prison' for up to 'two dozen' people tied to origins of Russia probe
- GOP lawyer fights California governor on stay-at-home orders
- Nunes claims 'dozens' of unmaskings of Trump associates were 'covered up by the media'
- Glenn Greenwald rips 'resistance journalism' in Trump era that fueled 'Russiagate'
- Trump campaign launches new fundraising program with House Republicans
- US cruise ship performer stuck in Barbados amid coronavirus thanks Rep. Nunes for helping bring him home
- Nunes knocks Democrats amid FISA legislation stalemate: 'We have a lot of serious problems here'
- Punjab-origin GOP lawyer fights California governor on stay-at-home orders
Rep. Devin Nunes of California formally resigns to join Trump media company have 494 words, post on www.foxnews.com at January 5, 2022. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.