Alphabet Inc’s YouTube said on Tuesday it has fixed an issue that caused thousands of users to lose access to its platform or face slow services.
(Sign up to our Technology newsletter, Today’s Cache, for insights on emerging themes at the intersection of technology, business and policy. Click here to subscribe for free.)
Downdetector, which showed there were more than 15,000 incidents of people reporting issues with YouTube, tracks outages by collating status reports from a number of sources, including user-submitted errors on its platform.
“If you were having a slower than normal experience or were having trouble accessing YouTube earlier today – this has been fixed! The issue ran for about 20 mins,” YouTube tweeted .
A major outage disrupted Amazon’s cloud services for several hours last week that resulted in Netflix, Disney+, Robinhood and a slew of other services being inaccessible, including Amazon’s e-commerce website.
YouTube experienced 65 outages over the past 12 months, according to web tool reviewing website ToolTester .
- YouTube says EU’s copyright law could prove dire for its video creators
- YouTube says it will recommend fewer videos about conspiracy theories
- YouTubers say kids’ content changes could ruin careers
- London Paddington suffers major disruption affecting services throughout Wednesday
- Plex wants to take on Google’s YouTube with its own streaming video platform
- YouTube Is Not Working? How To Fix Your YouTube Problems In 2019
- Comcast outage takes out phone and internet service across the U.S.
- Here’s what’s changing with YouTube Music, YouTube Red, and Google Play Music
- YouTube Music is replacing Google Play Music: Here’s where, when, and why
- YouTube: What If We Just Inserted a Link to Wikipedia Under Some of the Conspiracy Videos
YouTube says services fixed after disruption affects thousands have 274 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 15, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.