Alphabet Inc’s YouTube said on Tuesday it has fixed an issue that caused thousands of users to lose access to its platform or face slow services.
(Sign up to our Technology newsletter, Today’s Cache, for insights on emerging themes at the intersection of technology, business and policy. Click here to subscribe for free.)
Downdetector, which showed there were more than 15,000 incidents of people reporting issues with YouTube, tracks outages by collating status reports from a number of sources, including user-submitted errors on its platform.
“If you were having a slower than normal experience or were having trouble accessing YouTube earlier today – this has been fixed! The issue ran for about 20 mins,” YouTube tweeted .
A major outage disrupted Amazon’s cloud services for several hours last week that resulted in Netflix, Disney+, Robinhood and a slew of other services being inaccessible, including Amazon’s e-commerce website.
YouTube experienced 65 outages over the past 12 months, according to web tool reviewing website ToolTester .
- How sleep disruption affects your body and what to do about it
- YouTube Says It Does Not Allow Taliban-Affiliated Accounts, WhatsApp Reportedly Shuts Down Taliban Helpline
- YouTube says it does not allow Taliban-affiliated accounts
- Fix the NHS! Thousands Join London Demo Over Healthcare Spending (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
- YouTube says it prohibits Taliban affiliated accounts
- MyBudget blames hack for outage affecting thousands of customers
- YouTube went down for thousands of users, but it’s now fixed
- eBay DOWN: DNS service unavailable hits, website down for thousands
- YouTube Is Back After Global Service Outage | Digital Trends
- Chaos as online banking, local council and shopping sites unavailable for thousands
YouTube says services fixed after disruption affects thousands have 258 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 15, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.