The social media networking platform joins tech giants Apple, Amazon and Alphabet in tapping a company insider for the top job.
Here are some facts about Agrawal:
DECADE WITH TWITTER
Agrawal joined Twitter as a software engineer and has been with the company for over a decade. He was appointed chief technology officer in October 2017.
He oversaw Twitter’s technical strategy and was responsible for improving the pace of software development, while advancing the use of machine learning across the company.
Since December 2019, Agrawal has also been working on Project Bluesky, an independent team of open source architects, engineers and designers to combat abusive and misleading information on Twitter.
Bluesky is seeking to introduce a new decentralized technology, the idea being that Twitter and others will become clients of Bluesky and rebuild their platforms on top of the standard, Dorsey has said previously.
EX-MICROSOFT, YAHOO EMPLOYEE
Before joining Twitter, Agrawal worked at Microsoft Corp, Yahoo and AT&T Labs Inc in their research units, according to his LinkedIn profile.
Agrawal has a Ph.D. in computer science from Stanford University and a bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- New Jaguar XJ EV, Other Models In Danger From New CEO: Report
- Senate Judiciary to vote on subpoena for Twitter CEO next week
- Setting Sail season 2 Ep.2 | Twitter India MD Manish Maheshwari explains how India is one of the fastest growing audience market globally
- Donald Trump Jr calls for ‘immediate government investigation’ into Twitter for ‘interfering in election’
- Twitter is looking into why its photo preview appears to favor white faces over Black faces
- Twitter plans to change how image cropping works following concerns over racial bias
- Twitter vows to fix bias image cropping issue
- Republicans move to force Twitter CEO Dorsey and Facebook boss Zuckerberg to testify over Hunter Biden ‘censorship’
- Senate Republicans Attack Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Over Platform's Moderation Practices
- Twitter CEO admits suppressing NY Post’s Hunter Biden ‘crack and Ukraine’ scoop was ‘unacceptable’ as Trump bashes sites
Who is Twitter's new CEO Parag Agrawal? have 385 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.