Nvidia plans to introduce two brand-new GPU architectures, Ada Lovelace and Hopper (named for American computer scientist Grace Hopper ), next year. The new graphics processors will address virtually all segments of the market, and industry sources believe they will be made using TSMC’s N5 process technology, reports DigiTimes . This remains a widely reported rumor, so as usual take it with a pinch of salt. Ampere -based GeForce RTX 30-series GPUs, as well as TSMC’s N7 node to produce its high-end GA100 datacenter GPU for artificial intelligence (AI) and high-performance computing (HPC) applications. Such a dual-source strategy allows Nvidia to diversify its supply chain, but since neither if its foundries get the maximum orders, it cannot really get the maximum allocation. As a result, next year the company will exclusively use TSMC for all of its upcoming GPUs.
Next year Nvidia plans to introduce two GPU architectures: the Hopper architecture for datacenters, AI, and HPC applications as well as the Ada Lovelace architecture for gaming GeForce GPUs. graphics cards will only be available sometime in late 2022. Instinct MI200 -series accelerators, Nvidia is certainly interested in launching its Hopper architecture sooner rather than later. To that end, we will likely see Hopper arriving ahead of Lovelace.
- Best Nvidia graphics cards 2020: finding the best GPU for you
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card: All you need to know
- Nvidia slashes the price of its RTX 2060 to $299 to battle AMD’s new RX 5600 XT
- Nvidia RTX 3080 graphics card could be powering gaming PCs in June 2020
- Nvidia Game Ready Update brings ultra-low latency mode, integer scaling, and more
- Nvidia is bringing ray tracing and Android support to its GeForce Now game streaming service
- AMD vs Nvidia: which should be your next graphics card?
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, la nuova GPU potrebbe includere 3840 CUDA Core
- AMD rumored to be testing Big Navi – could it be a monster GPU that'll seriously worry Nvidia?
- Nvidia RTX 2080 Super hands-on: The result when AMD is out of striking distance
Nvidia Taps TSMC's 5nm for RTX 40-Series GPU Architectures have 323 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.