Mozilla has announced that it is ending support for its Firefox Lockwise password app. The app, which is available on Android and iOS devices, will reach its end-of-life on December 13. The final release versions of the app on both platforms have been announced but Mozilla mentions that the app will no longer receive support or security updates. After the end-of-life date in December, users will still be able to access their password saved in Firefox Lockwise through the Web browser.
Announcing the change in the lifespan of Firefox Lockwise, Mozilla mentions that the password management app will no longer get support on Android and iOS . Users will also not be able to download or reinstall the app from Google Play or App Store . Version 1.8.1 and version 4.0.3 will be the last updates available on iOS and Android, respectively. Mozilla did specify that the app may work on a user’s device, but it will stop receiving support and security updates.
As mentioned, the Firefox Lockwise app will reach its end-of-life on December 13. After that, users will still be able to access their saved passwords and manage them through Firefox browsers on desktop and mobile devices. Mozilla notes that Firefox for iOS will automatically sync the passwords saved in Lockwise and can be used in the browser.
Lockwise began its journey as Lockbox and was first introduced in 2018 under the Firefox Test Pilot programme for iOS initially. In 2019, the Android version of the app was released , and unlike the iOS version, users received a stable version of the app. Lockbox, now Lockwise, allows users to access their passwords saved in their Firefox accounts. It also has support for autofill, which aids convenience, and lets users specify the browser in which they want to open a website.
- Reused a password? This browser add-on warns you if it leaks
- Microsoft adds initial support for DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) in Windows Insiders
- Health chiefs behind controversial new NHSX Covid-19 contact tracing app ask software developers if they can get it to work with Apple-Google system preferred by other countries in £3.8m 'U-turn'
- New NHSX Covid-19 contact tracing app doesn't work on two-year-old phones say Isle of Wight residents using it in trial
- ‘I felt colossally naive’: the backlash against the birth control app
- 9/11 saw much of our privacy swept aside. Coronavirus could end it altogether
- Warring wags summit to heal rift between Coleen Rooney and Becky Vardy ends in bitter deadlock
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 13
- Contact-tracing apps may seem like the coronavirus solution. They’re not
- UK faces 'recession to end all recessions' with GDP set to plunge nearly a THIRD this quarter amid coronavirus lockdown and warnings the misery will go on as long as social distancing stays
Mozilla Firefox Lockwise Password App Reaches End-of-Life, Will Stop Support From December 13 have 517 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.