Motorola is tipped to be the first manufacturer to deploy Samsung’s 200-megapixel camera sensor on its smartphone. The model with the distinct camera sensor may debut as early as the first half of 2022. Samsung unveiled its 200-megapixel ISOCELL HP1 sensor in September. It uses a new pixel-binning technology that helps deliver a maximum image resolution of 200 megapixels. Alongside Motorola, Xiaomi is in the race of bringing its 200-megapixel phone next year. Samsung, on the other hand, may come with its in-house model carrying a 200-megapixel camera in 2023.
A tipster who goes by the pseudonym Ice Universe on Twitter has claimed that Motorola will bring its 200-megapixel camera phone first. It will be followed by Xiaomi that is tipped to launch its new smartphone with a 200-megapixel camera in the second half of next year. Further, the tipster claimed that Samsung has plans to launch its 200-megapixel camera phone in 2023 — after Motorola and Xiaomi.
Motorola and other manufacturers are yet to confirm their plans, though a tipster in China has corroborated the details shared on Twitter and suggested a Motorola phone as the first to come with Samsung’s 200-megapixel camera.
The 200-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL HP1 sensor comes with a pixel size of 0.64-micron pixels. It is also equipped with the proprietary Chameleon Cell technology that uses a two-by-two, four-by-four, or full pixel layout — depending on the environment — to let users capture images between 12.5- and 200-megapixel resolutions.
In addition to the 200-megapixel camera phone, Motorola is said to be working on the Moto Edge X that could feature a 60-megapixel OmniVision OV60A 0.61μm selfie camera sensor. The Moto Edge X is also claimed to have a 50-megapixel OmniVision OV50A 1/1.55-inch primary camera at the back.
- Motorola Droid Turbo Full Review: Is It Good for Business?
- Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. iPhone 6: Which is Better for Business?
- ASUS PadFone X Mini: A Phone Tablet Hybrid for Business
- Police take to double-decker buses to catch phone offenders
- Lodgy to be launched in top trim initially
- Alfa Romeo Giulia is the 2018 Motor Trend Car of the Year
- Motorola Droid Turbo: Top 5 Business Features
- Motorola Moto G (2014): Top 5 Business Features
- Samsung Galaxy Note8: Best Business Features
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review: Is It Good for Business?
Motorola Tipped to Launch 200-Megapixel Samsung Sensor Camera Phone Next Year, Followed by Xiaomi have 475 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.