Apple is rolling out iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1, its third update to the current generation of iOS since it rolled out alongside the iPhone 13. The iOS 15.1 update brings SharePlay , which lets multiple Apple users enjoy movies, music, and other content together during FaceTime calls; ProRes video recording on the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max, among other improvements to the camera; and some additions to the Home, Shortcuts, Translate, and Wallet apps.
Among the slew of new features that iOS 15.1 delivers, SharePlay is bound to get most of the attention. As its name indicates, SharePlay offers multiple shared experiences using FaceTime, from browsing the web together to watching synchronized movies or TV shows to sharing content across the Apple Music, Apple Fitness+, Apple TV, and other App Store apps. It also gives each user the ability to play, pause, rewind, or fast-forward movies, shows, or music and automatically lowers the volume of the content when it detects someone speaking.
Besides SharePlay, iOS 15.1 brings ProRes video recording to the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The video feature minimizes compression while recording a video to capture moire details, ensuring the highest-quality video for editing and post-processing. The update also adds a button to disable automatic switching to the macro mode, giving users more control over how to use the cameras. That was one of our big complaints in our review of the iPhone 13 , so it's nice to see.
You will now also be able to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to the Apple Wallet app. Additions to the Home app now let users automate different actions based on Homekit-based air quality, humidity, or ambient light sensors. You also get some new games to play with Siri, while the Translate app gets systemwide support for Mandarin Chinese (Taiwan). As with each update, iOS 15.1 also brings several bug fixes.
The iOS 15.1 update is now rolling out to supported devices globally, and you should be able to download it right away by heading over to the Settings app and clicking General > Software Update .
- Best Black Friday Apple Watch Deals 2021: Deals you can shop today
- Sony's $1,800 Xperia Pro-I phone shares features with RX100 VII compact camera
- How to listen to any song in Spatial Audio in iOS 15
- How to copy text from your camera with Live Text in iOS 15
- How to buy all of the iPhone 13 models
- Digital Trends Live: Day Two highlights from the Qualcomm Snapdragon Summit
- New Apple iOS 13 is KILLING batteries! Users share frustrations about their batteries being drained after downloading the latest software update
- iPhone update brings bugs and leaves phone vulnerable to being hacked
- Digital Trends Live: Black Friday recap, Cyber Monday coverage
- iOS 9 Preview: Well This Was Long-Overdue
- Get the most out of Apple’s iPadOS 13 updates
- Apple could release 5 iPhones in 2020 and one without a lightning port in 2021
- Using Apple Music: Wait, Do I Like Alternative?!
- The best Apple iPhone deals for December 2019
- Apple iPhone 8 review: A gate into Apple’s walled garden
Apple iOS 15.1 Update Brings SharePlay and Camera Changes | Digital Trends have 497 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.