With perhaps the exception of Android phones and CPU coolers , technology gets smaller all the time, but our fat human fingers are slightly terrified to discover the PiPi Gherkin (as spotted by Hackaday ), a positively pint-sized Raspberry Pi Pico powered plank surely sent to increase our rate of typos even further.
This isn't the first model of Gherkin , it's been around since 2016, but this version is specifically built with the Raspberry Pi Pico in mind by 40% Keyboards , a blogger with an unhealthy interest in teeny-weeny typing tools who licenses designs through Creative Commons, so you can build your own.
Though the keyboard only has 30 keys, the whole bottom row consists of dual-function keys that you tap and hold, while the thoughtful positioning of the Pico controller exposes its Micro USB port for easy connection. The keys themselves are full-size, and sit on MX switches for that proper mechanical feel. Firmware is of course custom, and can be obtained from Github.
The whole thing, assembled with top and bottom plates in place, measures little more than 7.8in x 2.5in (20cm x 6.5cm). Its thickness is dependent on the size of the spacers used inside, and whether the keys sit in sockets or are soldered directly onto the PCB. If you fancy a larger Pico powered keyboard, then perhaps we can interest you in this project?
- The snack warning EVERYONE in isolation needs to see: Nutrition experts reveal what a day of 'healthy' treats really looks like - and it may shock you
- How Donald Trump went from saying coronavirus is 'under control' and 'like flu' while golfing and repeatedly holding rallies to admitting up to 240,000 will die in eight grim - and error-filled - weeks
- Justin Bieber gushes over leggy photo of wife Hailey in all-black outfit including tiny shorts: 'Love this look babe'
- Demi Lovato Is 'Shooting My Shot' at Rihanna: 'Look, I Just Want to Make Out'
- Mum goes bright GREEN after using out-of-date fake tan – and her pals joke she looks like the Wicked Witch of the West
- Peacock spider that looks like Vincent van Gogh’s ‘Starry Night’ masterpiece discovered by scientists
- Supermodel Christie Brinkley, 62, Shares Her Botox Tips: 'You Still Should Look Like You'
- Newfound Particle Still Looks Like a Higgs Boson
- Stunning iPhone 12 concept reveals what Apple’s FIRST 5G mobile could look like this year
- Here’s what coronavirus testing for a very sick patient looks like, from swab to result
Tiny Keyboard With Pico Controller Looks Like Just Our Type have 402 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.