In the past few weeks we saw a number of indicators that Razer is getting ready to launch an AMD-based Blade gaming notebook. In a rather odd-looking Twitter conversation on Thursday night that went into Friday morning, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan and Frank Azor of AMD suggested the possibility of a collaboration.
“What do you think about making an AMD equipped Razer Blade laptop, @minglintan,” asked Frank Azor, AMD’s gaming chief in a Twitter post .
I dunno guys. What do you all think? Do you all want to see an @AMD equipped @Razer Blade? https://t.co/u6hpVPWFj3 May 7, 2021
“I get a ton of requests all the time to make an AMD gaming laptop,” Min-Lian Tan, a co-founder and CEO of Razer, responded shortly . “What do you guys think?” […] FWIW I think we could design/engineer a pretty awesome AMD gaming laptop. The current laptops out there don’t really push the limits of what can be done. What would you guys like to see in a Razer Blade with AMD?”
FWIW I think we could design/engineer a pretty awesome @AMD gaming laptop. The current laptops out there don’t really push the limits of what can be done. What would you guys like to see in a @Razer Blade with AMD? May 7, 2021
told Tom’s Hardware that “we do have quite a number of customers reaching out to us asking us about AMD[.]”
Last month someone submitted benchmark results of two Razer machines, codenamed PI411, featuring AMD’s unlocked Ryzen 9 5900HX processor accompanied by Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 3060 or RTX 3070 GPU with an 80W TGP. That’s a clear indicator that the PC maker was at least experimenting with AMD’s CPU.
The 3DMark submission itself does not mean that a product is coming to the market as some products do not meet certain goals that manufacturers set. But when high-ranking executives start to talk about new products publicly, it certainly suggests that some plans are being set internally. telling Tom’s Hardware that “my PR team and my legal team lives on tenterhooks that I'm gonna say something stupid.” But with a partner involved, this seems like it could potentially lead to something real.
- Alienware m15 vs. Razer Blade
- The best cheap Razer deals for December 2020: Laptops, monitors, and more
- AMD’s CES 2021 keynote: How to watch and what to expect
- Cyber Week laptop deals: Surface Pro 7, Razer Blade, more (Update: Expired)
- Best Razer gaming laptop deals
- OnePlus CEO says he's trying to work with Google to improve Wear OS
- Nvidia Teases GeForce RTX 30 Mobile GPU Launch on January 12
- Laptops With 16GB RAM For Better Storage And Functionality
- Opinion: A perspective on big IT trends for 2021
- Weekly Bytes | Google’s sleep-tracking display, FAU-G launch, and more
Razer CEO Teases AMD-Based Blade Notebooks on Twitter have 461 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.