HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam always attaches importance to the comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bùi Thanh Sơn told his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov, on Tuesday.
During his phone talks with the Russian minister, Sơn said Russia is among Việt Nam's most important partners in foreign policy, and congratulated the country on its success in containing COVID-19, especially in vaccine research and production.
Despite the pandemic, Việt Nam and Russia have maintained exchanges, with many phone talks held between high-ranking leaders, contributing to promoting bilateral ties, Sơn said.
The ministers discussed Việt Nam-Russia collaboration, covering politics-diplomacy, security-national defence, economy-trade, investment, energy-oil and gas, and COVID-19 prevention and control.
They also compared notes on co-operation between the two foreign ministries and co-ordination between the two countries at multilateral forums, including the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) and ASEAN.
Both expressed their hope to successfully organise activities during the Việt Nam-Russia and Russia-Việt Nam Year in 2021.
Minister Sơn thanked Russia for supporting Việt Nam's ASEAN Chairmanship in 2020, and non-permanent membership of the UNSC for 2020-2021.
Việt Nam is willing to work with Russia and other ASEAN countries to organise activities marking the 25th anniversary of the ASEAN-Russia relations (1996-2021), Sơn said.
For his part, the Russian minister lauded Việt Nam's performance in external affairs, as well as the country's increasingly impressive role in the regional and international arena.
Lavrov invited Sơn to visit Russia at a convenient time and the Vietnamese minister accepted the invitation with pleasure. — VNS
- ADB supports small and medium-sized enterprises in Viet Nam
- Việt Nam, Australia target US$10 billion in trade in 2020
- Việt Nam commits to environmentally sustainable transport
- Russia’s friendship order bestowed upon Vietnam’s deputy minister
- Russia’s State Duma Chairman starts official visit to Vietnam
- Indonesia encourages increasing ASEAN economic partnership
- BUDGET 2016: Australia will spend billions building its strategic presence in oil-rich Antarctica
- US targets Iran construction sector with new sanctions
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 1/4
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 26/2
Việt Nam treasures comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia have 368 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.