As the U.K. government on Monday announced plans to intervene in Nvidia’s takeover of Arm on national security grounds, analysts from Citigroup reconsidered Nvidia’s chance to acquire the CPU and GPU developer. The observers believe that now that Nvidia introduced its own Arm-powered datacenter CPU, the likelihood of it getting approval to buy Arm just got significantly lower. Oliver Dowden, the U.K.’s Digital Secretary on Monday issued a Public Interest Intervention Notice (PIIN) concerning the takeover and expressed his concerns about the proposed acquisition and national security. The antitrust investigation in the U.K. is expected to be concluded by the end of July. “Following careful consideration of the proposed takeover of Arm, I have today issued an intervention notice on national security grounds,” said Dowden, as reported by CNBC . “As a next step and to help me gather the relevant information, the U.K.’s independent competition authority will now prepare a report on the implications of the transaction, which will help inform any further decisions. We want to support our thriving UK tech industry and welcome foreign investment, but it is appropriate that we properly consider the national security implications of a transaction like this.” Arm, which historically was a publicly traded company, is now owned… Read full this story
- Endless cities: will China's new urbanisation just mean more sprawl?
- Nvidia Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit: Powerful A.I., Tiny Size
- Nvidia Ampere release date, specs, performance, and pricing
- Nvidia have cooked up the world's largest graphics card ahead of their big Ampere reveal today
- 10 best gaming laptops 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce Now adds Aven Colony, Goat Simulator, and more
- How accurate is Roche's newly-approved antibody test and will it show you if you are immune?
- City College of S.F. splurges on administrators’ travel, meals
- Armed Forces Day 2020: Deals for Military Members and Veterans
- Five million antibody kits are on standby for the NHS after a SECOND test that shows if you've had coronavirus was approved by officials
Citi Gives Nvidia's Arm Purchase a 10% Chance of Approval have 329 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.