Sony Interactive Entertainment has acquired the Evolution Championship Series , commonly known as Evo. Sony will be working with Evo's team to bring its 2021 tournament online in August. Evo is one the biggest and most prestigious e-sports tournaments in the world. The annual competitive event specializes in fighting games like Street Fighter and Super Smash Bros. The acquisition is a joint partnership between Sony and RTS, a new es-ports venture. A blog post from Sony explains the deal in detail. The company has committed to keeping the show largely unchanged. "Our collective team is laser-focused on one mission: Preserving the authenticity of Evo for the fighting game community," says Sony . "At its core, Evo will remain what it has always been: An open-format competition that gives fighting game fans from different countries a chance to connect, test their skills, and forge new friendships." A message to our community. For more information visit https://t.co/6JHZCsJsXr pic.twitter.com/uj0NKRW30m — EVO (@EVO) March 18, 2021 Evosays that "all platforms will remain welcome at Evo," signaling that the tournament won't ditch Xbox and Nintendo Switch players. The news comes off of a hectic year for the tournament. Beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, which made e-sports… Read full this story
- Rugby World Cup fixtures: Which games have been cancelled as Typhoon Hagibis nears Japan?
- How the world fell in love with the Hong Kong Sevens
- Year of the Cups: Rugby World Cup 2019
- Former Bristol Flyers basketball player is starring on the world's biggest stage
- How to become one of the world's best professional gamers
- Rugby in danger of selling its soul with plans for world league
- Can Ireland reignite Rugby World Cup hopes?
- Lex Mayhem reveals how watching WWE’s Paige ‘inspired her to wrestle’ ahead of her debut fight
- Women's World Cup 2019: FIFA shedding perception that women's football costs
- Instead of a closed shop, World Rugby needs an open mind
Sony acquires Evo, the world’s biggest e-sports fighting game tournament have 323 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 18, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.