The 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 isn't the first affordable electric car, but VW believes it will be the one that finally gets the world to go electric. That's pretty ambitious, considering the ID.4 only exists because of the Volkswagen diesel scandal . When it was caught cheating on emissions tests, VW pivoted to EVs to save face, but this is much more than a PR effort. Volkswagen is throwing the full weight of its manufacturing infrastructure and dealership network behind EVs, and says the ID.4 will compete for sales with popular gasoline vehicles like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. For now though, the ID.4 is most likely to be cross-shopped against similarly priced electric cars , such as the Hyundai Kona Electric, Kia Niro EV, Nissan Leaf, and the recently unveiled Chevrolet Bolt EUV . These cars all offer an acceptable amount of range at mainstream prices, but none has sparked (no pun intended) an EV revolution. Can VW do better? To find out, we spent a few days with a 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 1 st Edition, which carries a $45,190 base price. This model is already sold out, but it's mechanically identical to the ID.4 Pro S, the high-end… Read full this story
- You’d like the Volkswagen ID.4 First Edition more if we didn’t have Europe’s meanest electric vehicle discount
- Volkswagen ID.4 Deliveries In US Start With 474 Units In March
- 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Unveiled In India: Third Five-Seat SUV Offering From The Brand
- Ben Folds to Explore Creativity on New Podcast ‘Lightning Bugs’
- 2021 Mazda MX-30 Review: Small Battery, Big Compromise?
- First Drive Review: Volkswagen Tiguan
- VW ID.4 Gets Even Longer EPA Range Rating For Latest Model
- Confusion surrounds Volkswagen’s reported name change
- Volkswagen Taigun India Unveil On March 24: Here Are All Details
- Arjun Maini To Enter 2021 DTM Season With Mercedes-AMG Team GetSpeed: Here Are All Details
2021 Volkswagen ID.4 first drive review: Lightning bug have 303 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.