SpaceX has announced Hayley Arceneaux as the second crew member for its first all-civilian tourism flight that will fly four people to Earth orbit later this year. Arceneaux’s flight is set to mark three major achievements as she’ll be the first bone cancer survivor to become an astronaut, the first person with a prosthetic body part to travel to space, and, at just 29, the youngest American ever to orbit Earth. Treated as a child for bone cancer at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, she now works there as a physician assistant. Arceneaux will fly on the SpaceX Inspiration4 mission that was announced earlier this month. The mission will be led by Shift4 Payments founder and CEO Jared Isaacman, who secured the exclusive flight in a private deal with SpaceX. The two remaining crew members are yet to be selected. “It’s an incredible honor to join the Inspiration4 crew,” Arceneaux said following the announcement. “This seat represents the hope that St. Jude gave me â and continues to give families from around the world, who, like me, find hope when they walk through the doors of St. Jude.” Arceneaux was diagnosed with bone cancer at the age… Read full this story
- Stunning image captured by Planetary Society's spacecraft show its ultra-thin solar sail unfurled against the backdrop of Earth as it begins 'sailing on sunlight'
- NASA discovers one new Earth-like planet in a star system just 73 light years away along with two mini-Neptunes
- Driving into Darkness: Experiencing the Great American Eclipse in the Great American Sports Car
- Spaceflight de Mayo: 50 Years of Astronauts and Corvettes
- USAF certifies Elon Musk's SpaceX for military launches
- The American Mercedes
- 11 Hyundai Genesis deliver a message to space
- Your March Horoscope Is Here, And Our AI Astrologer I
- Trump's Decision to Shrink Utah's Monuments Really Pissed Off Paleontologists
- MLB wrap: Nationals rally from 9-0 deficit to beat Marlins
SpaceX astronaut to become the youngest American to orbit Earth have 310 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.