The last decade has seen the nonstop development of new kinds of audio products, like soundbars , true wireless earbuds , noise-canceling wireless headphones , and smart speakers . Yet despite these innovations, the underlying technology that produces the sound we hear has pretty much stayed the same for the last hundred years. But that might be about to change if Resonado Labs has anything to say about it. The company, which is based in the U.S. and South Korea, has patented a new way to build drivers — the core component at the heart of every speaker — that drastically reduces the space needed to accommodate them. Resonado calls the technology Flat Core Speaker (FCS), and as the name suggests, it can be used to create speakers that have a much smaller overall depth, which expands the number of places speakers can be installed. Erikc Perez, Resonado co-founder and chief marketing officer, says that FCS achieves these benefits without compromising sound performance. Traditional speaker drivers use an electrodynamic architecture, which places an electromagnet and a voice coil beneath a diaphragm. When electrical impulses are sent through the magnet, the voice coil moves, causing the diaphragm to vibrate, which produces… Read full this story
- Every Google Assistant command for your Nest speaker or display
- Sonos One vs. Amazon Echo Studio: Which smart speaker should you buy?
- The best speakers for 2020: Bose, Sonos, Yamaha, Vizio and more
- UBON launches new SP-43 Light Up wireless speaker at Rs 1,999
- 9 ingenious ways to give your old Android phone new life
- Fitbit has a new Versa 2 smartwatch with Alexa, and a new Premium health service
- Fitbit Sense: 3 new sensors for temperature, ECG and stress could be a big deal
- Why SAP and Intuit are the best places to work for in India
- Facebook, Google, Microsoft unhappy with Trump's new student visa rules
- iQoo India teases new smartphone, may launch iQoo 5 soon
New superslim speaker tech will put sound in unexpected places have 304 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.