Huawei has launched a new folding smartphone, the Huawei Mate X2. It’s a sequel to the Huawei Mate Xs (itself a refreshed version of the original Mate X ), but this time goes in the opposite design direction. Instead of an outwardly folding design, where the screen folds on itself to create a smaller device, it takes on a dual-screen book-style fold, like Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 2 . Unfolded the 8:7.1 aspect ratio OLED screen measures 8-inches and has a 2480 x 2200 pixel resolution, while folded, the slim outer, 21:9 aspect ratio OLED screen measures 6.45-inches with a 2700 x 1160-pixel resolution. The Mate X2 screens both have a 90Hz refresh rate, while the outer has a 240Hz touch sampling rate, and 180Hz on the inside. It’s covered in a special layer for low reflection and less glare. The new dual-spiral hinge is made of steel with carbon fiber sides to lower the weight, and enables the phone to fold flat, leaving no gap between the screens. The hinge also minimizes the crease on the screen. Unusually, the phone has a “wedge” shape, so it tapers from one side to the other when unfolded, resulting in a super… Read full this story
- Galaxy Fold vs. Mate X: Which foldable phone is winning the battle so far?
- Samsung has already shipped over one million Galaxy Fold units
- Galaxy Fold: Some of Samsung’s new foldable phones are breaking after just a couple of days
- Samsung Galaxy Fold first impressions
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Champagne Supernova
- Samsung backtracks on its claim that it sold a million bendable Galaxy Folds, blaming its president for confusing the figure with sales targets
- New Samsung Galaxy Fold release date finally set for September after botched April launch
- Samsung's Galaxy Fold Is 'Ready to Hit the Market'
- Galaxy Fold vs. Mate X foldable phones: Where Samsung, Huawei win and lose
- Huawei Mate X: One day with this foldable phone and I'm all in
Huawei Mate X2 foldable mimics the Galaxy Z Fold 2’s look … and sky-high price have 315 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.