Update: NASA's Perseverance rover has successfully landed on Mars! We've got all the juicy details right here. Later today, engineers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory will attempt a feat that is terrifying and impressive in equal measures: Landing a rover on Mars. The Perseverance rover, along with its helicopter sidekick Ingenuity , has been traveling to Mars since summer last year. Now, it's set to arrive at the red planet on Thursday, February 18, and execute the extremely challenging landing maneuver that will allow it to touch down safely and begin its search for signs of ancient life . How to watch the landing The rover is scheduled to land on Mars at approximately 3:55 p.m. ET/12:55 p.m. PT on Thursday, February 18. NASA will be livestreaming coverage of the event, including mission commentary on its TV channel, NASA TV, as well as its website , beginning at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT. You can tune in using the video embedded at the top of this page. If you prefer to see what the engineers themselves are up to during landing, there will also be a clean feed of cameras from the Jet Propulsion Lab's Mission Control, with mission audio… Read full this story
- NASA Curiosity Rover Update: After Spacecraft Stalled, It's Switching Computers
- NASA's Opportunity Rover Emerges On Mars 3 Months After Going Dark
- Now there’s something wrong with NASA’s Curiosity rover
- NASA Opportunity: Lost Rover Spotted for First Time Since Planet-encircling Dust Storm
- Mars rover spotted in photo 3 months after it went silent
- Scientists gather to decide next Mars rover’s landing spot
- NASA's Mars MAVEN Craft Captures Selfie on Fourth Birthday
- NASA broke a world record while testing Mars 2020 parachute
- Exploring Mars with Kobie Boykins is going to be an unforgettable experience
- ExoMars: Where to send Europe's robot rover?
How to watch NASA’s Perseverance rover land on Mars today have 301 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.