Gigabyte recently told its partners that California's struggle to respond to the COVID-19 crisis has caused shipment delays, CRN reported Thursday, because there simply aren't enough workers in key ports to unload its products from shipping containers. CRN said the disclosure arrived via a presentation called "2021 Q1 Supply Chain Review" that "bears the Aorus name." Gigabyte uses that branding for a variety of components, peripherals, and pre-built systems made specifically for PC gaming. The presentation reportedly claimed products from 15 containers that arrived in the Los Angeles port in early December still hadn't been moved along the supply chain. Similar issues were said to have affected shipping containers sent to Long Beach. CRN said that Gigabyte cited a Los Angeles Times report from January which claimed that "nearly 700 dockworkers at the twin ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach have contracted COVID-19" and that "hundreds more are taking virus-related leaves." California grappled with rising COVID-19 case numbers from November 2020 to the end of January. Active cases appear to have fallen in recent weeks, according to the state's official statistics , but they're still higher than they were for much of 2020. Gigabyte's shipping woes reportedly extend beyond… Read full this story
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as Trump is reportedly ready to approve sales to the Chinese company
- Edited Transcript of RRTS earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 2:00pm GMT
- Drone strikes on Saudi oil fields spike prices
- Edited Transcript of AGS.N earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
- Fresh Brexit legal drama as EU blasts Boris 'blame game'
- Johnson told to stop playing 'stupid' Brexit blame game
- Edited Transcript of PKE earnings conference call or presentation 10-Oct-19 3:00pm GMT
- Canada Post Strike, No Delay Package from Hootoo.com
- Brexit poll RESULTS: Express.co.uk readers want to get Brexit DONE - Boris faces ultimatum
- Brexit poll RESULTS: Get Brexit DONE Boris urged in exclusive poll as PM faces ultimatum
Gigabyte Reportedly Blames Delayed Shipments on COVID-19 Spikes in CA have 329 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.