If you’re using a gaming laptop but want more graphics power, external graphics cards are a great way to get into the TDP space of a desktop-class GPU without actually owning a full PC. Thus, alongside the onslaught of RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 cards that still seem to be nearly impossible to obtain, Gigabyte is launching its Aorus RTX 3090 / 3080 Gaming Box.This is an external graphics card unit that comes with Nvidia’s latest GPUs, packing them into a Thunderbolt 3 driven enclosure. To cool the GPU, Gigbayte installed a waterblock onto the cards, along with a 240mm radiator and a pump — and Gigabyte takes claim to this being the first watercooled external graphics card. The waterblock covers the GPU, memory, and power delivery system.Gigabyte did not reveal the clock speeds for either of the GPUs, so we don’t know whether the RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 cards installed run with an overclock or at stock settings. As far as performance goes, you can use our RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 reviews as reference, though note that CPU power and Thunderbolt bandwidth limitations may hamper framerates a little. To aid with practicality, the Gaming Box does come with… Read full this story
- The rumors were true. Nvidia’s 1660 Ti GPU, a $280 powerhouse, has arrived
- Report: PS5 GPU Outperforms a GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- Nvidia RTX 2070 vs 2070 Super vs AMD RX 5700 XT: Which is best?
- Nvidia RTX 2060 vs AMD RX 5700: Which one should you buy?
- Final Fantasy XV's DLSS boosts PC performance by around 10-15fps on the RTX 2080
- Nvidia cuts clock speed on laptop-oriented RTX 2080 Max-Q, but keeps CUDA cores
- China to launch first private 5G satellite
- SpaceX launches satellite that will bring internet to isolated island nations
- Colorfront Launches Express Dailies 2020 on New Mac Pro with Annual Rental License
- Sonam Kapoor goes with voluminous sleeves and so much more drama for the ‘Veere Di Wedding’ trailer launch
Gigabyte Launches Watercooled RTX 3000 External GPU have 320 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at November 23, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.