The Asus Tinkerboard SBC line is getting a new edition, according to a press release published by Clubic. The new boards, labelled as Tinkerboard 2 and Tinkerboard 2S in the press release, will feature a form factor close to that of the Raspberry Pi.As of writing, there has been no official announcement from Asus. However, the press release provided by Clubic has plenty of details for any interested parties. It indicates the Tinkerboard 2 and 2S will deliver a performance increase 1.5 times as powerful as the original Tinkerboard.Both boards are designed to use the Rockchip RK3399 chipset and ARM Mali-T860 MP4 GPU. There will be two options for memory: 2GB and 4GB of dual-channel LPDDR4 but both boards share the same hexa-core package of a dual core Arm Cortex A72 at 2 GHz and a quad core Arm Cortex A53 at 1.5 GHz. The Tinkerboard 2S comes with onboard 16GB flash storage, which should be quicker than typical micro SD cards.Power comes via a 12V – 19V DC barrel jack instead of the micro USB used in the previous generation. It has both USB 3 Type-C and Type-A interfaces as well as a single full size HDMI output with… Read full this story
- 5 Raspberry Pi Alternatives You Need to Know About
- Raspberry Pi Launches $5 Model Zero: Here’s How It Compares
- The 8 Most Beautiful Raspberry Pi Cases
- Top 10 Apps You Should Install on Your Raspberry Pi
- What Can You Do With The New Raspberry Pi A+?
- 10 DIY Alternatives to Picade for Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming
- Piper Raspberry Pi DIY Computer Kit Review (and Giveaway!)
- How to Automate Your Garage Door With IFTTT and Raspberry Pi
- How to Add a Power Button to Your Raspberry Pi
- How to Build a Commodore 64 Mini Using a Raspberry Pi
Asus Release Raspberry Pi Competitor Tinkerboard 2 and 2S have 297 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.