Foldable smartphones have arrived on the scene — and to much excitement. Now that smartphones are more or less ubiquitous worldwide, and industry observers have spent the last few years lamenting the boring and mainstream evolution of current single-screen handsets, phone manufacturers are mixing it up with fresh innovations that diverge from the Great Glass Slab. These brand new foldable smartphones — currently available, under development, or still experimental — feature large, mostly high-resolution displays alongside a variety of high-end accouterments. The result is more of a compact hybrid phone-tablet combo that may eventually be more convenient and appealing than the gigantic phablets designed for people who seek more screen real estate. Foldable phones are sporting a variety of styles and forms, too. There’s the foldable or clamshell-type designs for different uses, while TCL continues to experiment with design concepts. Companies like Oppo, Xiaomi, TCL, and perhaps even Apple may soon get into the act. It also helps that Google’s Android 10 mobile operating system features native support for foldable devices. As it stands, there are a few foldable phones on the market, and most are only available at very high prices. Although the first foray into the foldable arena has… Read full this story
- Santa Claus IS coming to town! From a 15ft trampoline to Disney goodies, FEMAIL reveals the presents that will make Christmas magical for kids (with prices starting at just £10)
- Google Pixel 3a vs. Samsung Galaxy A50: Time for a new midrange king?
- Tech travel checklist: Don't leave home without these essential accessories
- New Echoes, Eeros and Rings: Everything announced at Amazon's Fall 2019 event
- America Has Embraced "Bikepacking." Is It for You?
The best folding phones of 2020: What’s available now and what’s coming up have 284 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.