In case you haven’t been watching, the smart glasses market is shaking up this summer. Google already bought North Focals, giving way to the potential for greater distribution and investment in augmented reality (AR) smart glasses. Today, we’re seeing more tangible proof of smart glasses getting another shot at mainstream audiences, as Nreal Light has hit retail availability.But there a bunch of catches, so don’t go stomping out your stupid prescription specs yet. Nreal Light, which are mixed reality glasses (you can manipulate the AR features by tethering a smartphone, which becomes a 3-degrees of freedom controller) leveraging Nreal’s Nebula UI, are being sold through a partnership with LG UPlus. That limits them to the South Korean market. An Nreal spokesperson told Tom’s Hardware that the glasses will hit the U.S. “before the end of the year in partnerships with carriers.” On top of that, you need to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 with a 5G connection. That’s going to limit the audience significantly. Although, those who’d spend $1,000 on a 5G phone may include the types of people interested in MR glasses. In a statement, Song Dae-won, EVP of LG Uplus’s Future Device Unit, offered reasoning for the pairing: “We wanted… Read full this story
- Mind Commerce identifies Mixed Reality Market Opportunities in latest Immersive Technology Research
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Winner Shin Lim to Make Broadway Debut in ‘The Illusionists’
- Dev Patel to Make Directorial Debut With Action Film ‘Monkey Man’
- ICE Africa poised to make historic debut attracting delegates from 91 countries
- Auburn's DeMarcus Ware makes stellar debut on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- These $1,000 smart glasses might be the future – and they don't look weird
- Texans' J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney make preseason debuts
- Gin Blossoms tour: Robin Wilson says band's 'Mixed Reality' is return to classic form
- 'Farm-to-Fork' Restaurant to Make Anderson Debut
- Former UAlbany basketball player set to make football debut
Nreal Light Mixed Reality Smart Glasses Make Retail Debut in 5G Samsung Note 20 Bundle have 330 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.