A production plant of the PetroVietnam Ca Mau Fertiliser (HoSE: DCM). — Photo tinnhanhchungkhoan.vn Vietnamese shares finished Monday on a positive note as fertiliser companies increased strongly, lifting the mid-cap sector. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.31 per cent to end at 871.28 points, extending its growth from last week’s total gain of 0.58 per cent. Fertiliser producers boosted the local market on Monday. The petrochemicals and plastics sector index was up 2.1 per cent – the highest among 25 indices, according to vietstock.vn. Leading companies in the fertiliser industry were upbeat. Shares of the Southern Fertiliser (SFG), Van Dien Fused Magnesium Phosphate Fertiliser (VAF), PetroVietnam Ca Mau Fertiliser (DCM), Binh Dien Fertiliser (BFC), and PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemicals (DPM) soared between 5.3 per cent and 7 per cent. Other mid-cap stocks were also active, driving the mid-cap tracker up 0.88 per cent to 906.60 points. Other sectors that also performed well included retail, rubber, mining and energy, food and beverage, and logistics and transportation. Large-cap firms also supported the market as the blue-chip tracker VN30-Index inched up 0.21 per cent to nearly 810 points at the end of the day. Eleven of the… Read full this story
- The Best Performing Big Tech Stocks Of 2013: Did You Own Any Of Them?
- Ditching the Red Baseball Cap
- Tenet leaves S&P's 500 index, joins MidCap 400
- Healthcare stocks soar in the wake of King v. Burwell
- The Impact Of Facebook's Secondary Stock Offering
- Google plans to raise $2.1 billion in stock offering
- Apple Stock Opens At $92.10 After 7-to-1 Stock Split
- Stocks Have Their Worst Day of the Year
- February Best- And Worst-Performing Cloud Computing Stocks
- Do You Understand the N.B.A. Salary Cap? Imagine Enforcing It.
VN-Index advances on fertiliser, mid-cap stocks have 286 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 23, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.