If you’re searching for the intersection of sustainability and innovation — at least in the outdoor industry — it just might be located in downtown Portland. That’s where Keen, a company that makes hiking boots, travel shoes, and arguably the best sandals on the market, calls home. Since its founding more than a decade ago, Keen has been known for making comfortable and durable shoes for use on our outdoor adventures, deftly blending performance and style in some truly unique ways. But behind the scenes, the company does so much more than that, using technology, a dedicated team, and a slew of big ideas to not only create better footwear, but to make the planet a better place too. Often, without anyone even noticing. Consciously Created Since its founding in 2003, Keen has focused heavily on creating distinctive footwear designed for use in the outdoors, often with its own unique spin that sets it apart from the competition. Case in point, the company’s first product was a sandal called the Newport that was unlike anything else on the market at the time. It featured a closed toe, a rugged outsole, and durable straps held in place by industrial-strength Velcro. The… Read full this story
- 'I want a new bunch three times a week': Waleed Aly's wife Susan Carland shares emotional video explaining why she buys herself flowers because her husband won't
- Millions turning to second hand shopping to help save planet
- Volunteers wanted for planet hunt
- We have only 10 years to save planet: Charles
- 'We've wanted this for a long time': Bougainville prepares for independence vote
- Black plastic is killing the planet. It’s time to stop using it
- Jennifer Lawrence sports a sensible pair of shoes as she enjoys stroll through NYC arm-in-arm with new husband Cooke Maroney
- 13 Health and Wellness Fanatics on What They Want for the Holidays
- Trump Is Begging to Be Impeached. Give Him What He Wants — Immediately.
- 'It was like a menu of how we could please each other sexually': Julianne Hough reveals a sex therapist 'saved' her relationship with Brooks Laich
Keen wants to save the planet one pair of shoes at a time have 352 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 4, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.