After the NHL season was suspended indefinitely due to the coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, the Washington Capitals’ crew at NBC Sports Washington is making the most of it by providing live commentary to simulated games in NHL 20. Airing on NBC Sports Washington on March 24, the Washington Capitals and St. Louis Blues faced off in a simulated game via NHL 20. Broadcasting duo Craig Laughlin and Joe Beninati provided commentary the entire time, just as if they were watching a real hockey game. Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom was the big star of the night, scoring the game’s first two goals and ultimately earning himself a hat trick by the end. His team only allowed three power plays during the game, keeping its virtual players on the ice to defend against an aggressive Blues attack. The Capitals’ broadcasting team even mentioned the game was a sellout, with the fans on their feet during the most crucial moments. The virtual mascot also got pumped up during the game, cheering as Backstrom scored his third goal. Hat tricks, scoring three goals in a single game, are a rarity in the actual NHL but are fairly common in video games. WHERE ARE… Read full this story
- NHL 20 Adds A New Way To Report Toxic Behavior
- This startup network wants to be the MTV for gaming culture
- Cyclones add Ball St to replace canceled game against Iowa
- Samsung's Note 20 and Tab S7 gaming bundles include 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
- Samsung unveils new products - including Note 20 phone for 5G gaming
- Pac-12 Shuts Down All Sports Until May 31, UCLA Cancels Spring Football Game
- Formula 1 and Sky Sports marks F1 70th Anniversary with exclusive docuseries
- ESPN Subscriber Losses Accelerate as Network Returns to Woke Programming
- Sony’s sports ad revenue on a topsy-turvy curve
- How family, fight and fortune fashioned India's very own sporting 'Wonder Woman'
Sports network airs NHL 20 simulation to replace real games have 314 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.