With millions of people around the world in lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak, it’ll surprise few that Facebook has seen a massive surge in the use of its various apps in recent weeks. The social networking giant this week posted some interesting data on the matter after receiving multiple inquiries about how the coronavirus crisis is affecting usage of its different services. In many of the countries that have been hit hardest by the virus formally known as COVID-19, total messaging across Facebook’s platforms has increased by more than 50% over the last month, while voice and video calling have more than doubled on Messenger and WhatsApp. Looking specifically at Italy, one of the worst-hit countries that’s still dealing with new cases, Facebook said it’s seen up to 70% more time spent on its apps since the crisis arrived there. Instagram and Facebook Live views in Italy doubled in the space of a week, messaging increased by more than 50%, and time spent group calling (calls with three or more participants) increased by more than 1,000% over the past month. Yes, 1,000%. In a message accompanying the stats, Facebook’s Alex Schultz, VP of analytics, and Jay Parikh, VP of… Read full this story
- Facebook owns Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp — now there’s a call to break it all up
- The Cambridge Analytica Scandal Has People Quitting Facebook but Business Pages Are Untouched
- Political activists are now asking the FTC to break Facebook up into four companies
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube execs discuss their role in threat to democracy at Stanford forum
- Facebook Launches New Initiative To Educate Youth To Stay Secure On Social Media
- Democrats air trove of rouble-bought Facebook ads showing Russian effort to stoke political division in U.S.
- Beaumont Troy lockdown lifted after threat against patient
- West Hills College in Lemoore went on lockdown, but it was a hoax call, police say
- Beaumont in Dearborn on lockdown following reports of shooter in area
- Student's hatchets lead to lockdowns, multiple charges
Facebook usage is soaring due to coronavirus lockdowns have 336 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.