FC Goa Team News
FC Goa head into the fixture on the back of three successive wins. A recent change in coaching staff including head coach with Clifford Miranda replacing Sergio Lobera, has not made a negative impact on their on-field performance, as seen in their last game, a convincing 4-1 thrashing of Hyderabad FC.
With 33 points in their kitty, Goa have four more points than third-placed Bengaluru FC but are level with ATK who currently occupy the top spot owing to a superior goal difference. Given Goa’s head-to-head disadvantage against ATK, Goa cannot afford to drop any more points in their final two games of the league stage.
“Two teams with two different motivations to play. It will be an intense match. There will be no margin for error. It will be a difficult game for both teams,” FC Goa interim coach Clifford Miranda said.
Miranda said the focus is to win two games and see how the others fare.
“We have to win two games. Then we will see what happens. Our focus is on winning. I think the team which is best positioned to finish on top is ATK. So, the pressure is on them and not on us,” said Miranda.
Mumbai City FC Team News
Mumbai are unbeaten in their last four matches and their most recent outing was a 2-1 win against Jamshedpur FC. A strong second-half display which had Amine Chermiti and Bidyananda Singh among the goals, will have given the team confidence to take on Goa away from home.
Mumbai have a difficult end to the season with a clash against top-four rivals Chennaiyin FC coming up and a win against Goa is imperative. Mumbai are currently fourth on the table with 26 points but Chennaiyin, who are on 22 points, have a game in hand.
“It will be an open game. They don’t know how to play defensive football. Especially because of the quality they have. They will be fighting to finish first. We will play for a top-four spot. Both of us have pressure to deliver. I hope the fans will enjoy the game and we get the three points,” said Mumbai boss Jorge Costa.
Mumbai lost one of their key players Paulo Machado to injury and has not found joy in the final third this season, with new signing Amine Chermiti scoring six goals and last season’s top scorer Modou Sougou netting three. Their defence has not been great either, which leaves them vulnerable to Goa’s movement and precision in the final third.
FC Goa will head into the match as favourites and will look to walk away with full points when Mumbai City FC on Wednesday. Though both Mumbai and Goa are on an unbeaten run, the cracks in Mumbai’s defence will let Goa creep in.
FC Goa: Mohammad Nawaz (GK), Carlos Pena, Seriton Fernandes, Mourtada Fall, Mandar Rao Dessai, Lenny Rodrigues, Edu Bedia, Brandon Fernandes, Jackichand Singh, Hugo Boumous, Ferran Corominas
Mumbai City FC: Amrinder Singh (GK), Subhasish Bose, Mato Grgic, Sarthak Golui, Pratik Chaudhari, Diego Carlos, Mohamed Larbi, Rowllin Borges, Sourav Das, Bidyananda Singh, Modou Sougou
Match kicks off at 7:30pm IST
Live on Star Sports Network
Live Streaming on Hotstar & Jio TV
Source: ISL Media
- Arsenal vs. Leicester City: Odds, Preview, Live Stream, TV Info
- Liverpool vs Man City tactical preview: How Jurgen Klopp can retain upper hand
- Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Preview, prediction, statistics to know for 'Monday Night Football'
- Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Preview, pick, time, channel, statistics to know for 'Monday Night Football'
- Yankees vs. Red Sox ALDS preview: Playoff schedule, TV channel, stream, predictions and things to know
- New England Patriots vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Preview, pick, time, how to watch, stats to know for 'Sunday Night Football'
- ISL 2018-19: FC Pune City Season Preview, Squad, Probable XI, Prediction
- Chelsea vs. Arsenal: Odds, Preview, Live Stream, TV Info
- ISL 2018-19: FC Pune City Sahil Panwar fulfilling footballer dad's dream, eyes national glory
- Manchester City vs. Manchester United: Derby Odds, Preview, Live Stream, TV Info
ISL 2019-20: FC Goa vs Mumbai City FC: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info have 856 words, post on www.mykhel.com at February 11, 2020. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.