The first victim to be named in the White Island volcanic eruption was experienced tour guide Hayden Marshall-Inman, who has since been described as a young and energetic man with the “kindest heart”. Mr Marshall-Inman had been taking tour groups onto the island for years, even commenting about how the unpredictable and very active volcano made him “nervous”. In a YouTube video from July 2018, shot by travel guide company NZ Pocket Guide, Mr Marshall-Inman spoke about a harrowing experience he’d had months earlier. “Last September was probably the most nervous I’ve ever been,” he said as he ferried the tourists towards the island on a small rubber boat. “There was an ash eruption when we got here. “We were walking into it and I could definitely feel the nerves punching inside me for sure.” RELATED: Families face agonising wait during attempt to recover bodies today Tour guide Hayden Marshall-Inman. Picture: NZ Pocket GuideSource:YouTube The guides take tourists to the island. Picture: NZ Pocket GuideSource:YouTube Throughout the video, Mr Marshall-Inman is smiling and talking to tourists as he leads them around the island. In one part, another tour guide speaks about an eruption they had there in April 2018. “We… Read full this story
- Whakaari White Island owners charged over fatal eruption
- New Zealand watchdog brings charges for White Island volcano deaths
- New Zealand holds ceremony to commemorate victims in deadly White Island volcanic eruption
- Pain, Reflection as New Zealand Remembers White Island Volcano Disaster
- Whakaari/White Island alert level lowered to one
- New Zealand Charges 13 in Volcanic Eruption that Killed 22, Injured Dozens
- I pulled ash from the throats of the White Island Volcano eruption victims – it still haunts me a year on
- New Zealand Officials Confirm Six Bodies Recovered Amid Ongoing White Island Mission
- U.S. couple files lawsuit after barely surviving deadly New Zealand volcano eruption: "We're very angry"
- Charges filed year after volcano eruption kills 22 in New Zealand
White Island tour guide had experienced volcanic eruptions before his death have 315 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.