Previous Next 1 of 2 Canon has been the best selling interchangeable lens camera brand for more than a decade, but Sony is catching up — and just became the number-one brand of full-frame cameras in 2019. Thanks to other formats, Canon maintains the edge overall, but the race is neck and neck. The question of which company makes the better camera is no different than the Apple vs. Android debate — the answer depends on exactly who’s asking. If you’re a photographer who demands an optical viewfinder, a DSLR is the way to go — and that’s Canon’s bread and butter. But if you’re looking for the best performance in a mirrorless camera, that’s where Sony shines. Canon entered the full-frame mirrorless category in 2018 with the EOS R, but it’s still catching up to Sony in this department. In the end, it’s the little details — and what and how you shoot — that will end the tug-of-war between these two brands. Here’s what to consider in the Canon vs. Sony debate before buying a new camera, or even jumping ship and swapping brands. You may also want to read our articles on Sony vs. Nikon and Canon vs. Nikon…. Read full this story
- Canon EOS R5 vs. Sony A7S III vs. Panasonic S1H: Best full-frame for video?
- Best beginner DSLR cameras 2020: 9 cheap DSLRs for new photographers
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is a 4K-shooting vloggers delight
- Chahna Soni is acing beauty and lifestyle influencing game
- Brands and migrants: How a mutually rewarding relationship can go to the next level
- Samsung Mobiles emerges on top in the Brand Trust Report 2016
- Tilt Brand Solutions to enhance content capabilities by joining hands with Supari Studios
- Brand World Summit: Marketing in the time of convergence
- Coronavirus: Lifestyle brands seek to make WFH fashionable
- These are the best cheap camera deals for August 2020
Canon vs. Sony: Which camera brand belongs in your bag? have 319 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.