The visit affirms Sweden’s commitment to be a key partner for India in its rapid development, and in efforts to tackle common challenges in areas such as the climate change /environment, infrastructure, research and health. The visit aims to enable increased trade and investment for Swedish and Indian companies in both directions.
The royal couple will travel to New Delhi, Mumbai and the state of Uttarakhand.
The programme includes meetings with President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar. The royal couple will attend the high-level policy dialogue on Innovation Policy, visit the Versova Beach Cleaning activity, visit Doorstep School that provides education for children who are first-generation school goers and attend the Tekla Workshop and Dialogue which aims at correcting the under representation of girls and women in technology.
The Swedish Government will be represented by Minister for Foreign Affairs Ann Linde, Minister for Business, Industry and Innovation Ibrahim Baylan and State Secretary at the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Maja Fjaestad in the State Visit.
In addition, a high-level Business Delegation representing Swedish Companies – encompassing both large, well-established companies and start-ups – will take part, along with representatives of Swedish Government agencies and universities.
This is the second State Visit to India by royal couple, the first was in 1993. It is the fourth high-level exchange between Sweden and India since 2015 when then President Pranab Mukherjee was on a State Visit to Sweden. In 2016, Prime Minister Stefan Löfven visited India and in 2018 Modi visited Sweden.
- Air India ferries Swedish Royal couple to India on state visit
- Air India ferries Swedish Royal couple after their aircraft develops technical snag
- Swedish royal couple help clean up Versova beach with Afroz Shah
- Swedish Royal Couple Travels to India, Wins Hearts for Their Humility By Carrying Their Own Bags
- Air India to the Rescue: Swedish Royal Couple Take Commercial Flight to Delhi as State Aircraft Develops Snag
- Swedish royal couple clean up Mumbai's Versova beach
- Swedish Royals seek climate awareness, urge end of sexual violence in India
- Sweden's royal couple to take part in clean-up drive at Versova Beach
- Ferried by Air India, Swedish Royals arrive in New Delhi
- India, Sweden resolve to expand overall ties, ink 3 pacts
Swedish royal couple visits India to promote investment & innovation partnership have 422 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.