close Video Andy McCarthy: Was this an abuse of power? ‘Outnumbered’s’ One Lucky Guy Andy McCarthy weighs in on the impeachment inquiry process. President Trump’s best defense against impeachment is that the House Democrats’ charges do not rise to the level of impeachment, former U.S. Assistant Attorney Andy McCarthy said Friday. On Thursday, to the chagrin of protesting Republicans, the House of Representatives voted to endorse the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry into the president. The vote was 232 to 196 to approve a resolution that sets out rules for an impeachment process for which there are few precedents. It was just the third time in modern history that the House had taken such a vote. ANDY MCCARTHY: TRUMP IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY’S SNEAKY NEXT CHAPTER According to an October ABC/Washington Post poll, 49 percent of a group of 1,003 adults think that President Trump should be removed from office, while 47 percent are opposed to impeachment. Appearing on the “Outnumbered” couch, McCarthy explained that you don’t need a crime for impeachment. “For impeachment, they need to have an abuse of power that’s sufficiently egregious, that it goes to the trust that we repose in an officeholder. It can be a felony if you have a felony,… Read full this story
- House will override Donald Trump if he vetoes Defense agreement which will rename Confederate bases - as he rages Republicans must 'get tough' and wrongly claims it will 'desecrate National Monuments'
- McCarthy woos Freedom Caucus with eye on Speakership
- Donald Trump claims revelation Hunter Biden is under federal investigation will convince Supreme Court justices to overturn the election because 'Biden administration will be scandal plagued mess for years to come'
- Rudy Giuliani has asked Donald Trump about receiving a pre-emptive pardon before he leaves office - while claiming he can secure him a second term by overturning election results
- Trump 'discussed pardons for Ivanka, Eric, Don Jr, Jared Kushner and his lawyer Rudy Giuliani because he's worried Biden administration may seek retribution against him by targeting them,' ABC News reports
- Inauguration committee Republicans sink Democrats' resolution acknowledging Biden victory
- Biden takes the LEAD in Georgia and piles up the votes after incredible rant from Trump claiming conspiracy against him by big tech, big money, the media, pollsters and Democrats that TV networks refused to screen
- Trump administration removes senior defense officials and installs loyalists, triggering alarm at Pentagon
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Congress faces end-of-year crunch; Biden selects his Defense secretary
- Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell rush to vote through Defense bill in face of Donald Trump's threat to veto it unless it also ends internet giants' Section 230 protection
McCarthy: Trump's best defense is that Democrats' charges do not rise to the 'level of impeachment' have 435 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.