Fox News host Chris Wallace has warned that testimony from former U.S. special representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker is highly damaging to President Donald Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani.Volker—who resigned from his role abruptly last week—testified to Congress this week about his involvement in Trump’s efforts to solicit Ukrainian interference in the 2020 election. Volker provided an 11-page written opening statement setting out his role and his reaction to efforts by Trump and Giuliani to pressure the Ukrainian government—led by new President Volodymyr Zelensky—to investigate allegations of corruption against 2020 rival Joe Biden and his son Hunter.Wallace said Friday that the statement was “quite devastating to the president and Rudy Giuliani’s case,” Mediaite reported.”It basically says that Volker, who all sides agree was an honest broker in this whole thing, was very disturbed by the information, he thought disinformation, that various Ukrainian officials were sending to Rudy Giuliani, the president’s private lawyer,” he explained.Volker said Giuliani was “then spreading that information in Washington and that might be a reason why the president was so reluctant to meet with Zelensky and also to—of course—push Zelensky to investigate in that July 25th phone call, both potential involvement in the 2016 election… Read full this story
- Trump expected to tap Exxon's Tillerson to lead State Dept.
- McCarthy: Trump's best defense is that Democrats' charges do not rise to the 'level of impeachment'
- The Latest: Putin says opposition must have positive program
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- Week in Wrestling: Scott Hall says WWE should welcome back Hulk Hogan
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
- Pelosi predicts public impeachment hearings this month, as GOP reps decry ‘sham’ process
- The Week in Wrestling: Adam Cole on his RoH title, Road Warrior Animal on tag teams
- MMQB: On Randy Moss, equality and commencement speeches
- Man charged in drunken-driving crash that killed Colts’ Jackson
Ukraine Envoy Testimony 'Devastating' for Trump, Giuliani Case, Fox News' Chris Wallace Says have 342 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 5, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.