“There are efforts, but these are disaggregated at the global level. These include the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025, which calls to develop an ASEAN Framework on Digital Data Governance, as a key priority,” she said.
“We need to cooperate, quite simply, because the challenge posed by malicious actors in cyber space is border-less. It is, in fact, today the newest arena for contestation between individuals, entities and even states,” Singh said.
No country is today immune from cyber attacks which not only cause loss of data – including sensitive state and personal information – they also compel states to invest heavily in protection and counter-measures, she said.
“It is no surprise, therefore, that the World Economic Forum identified cyber-security as the third most-feared threat after extreme weather events and natural disasters,” she noted.
“In this context, a special word must be said about securing our youth from cyber security threats, especially as children today are digital natives,” Singh said.
Recognizing the convergence of risks and technologies in this regard, India will fund a ‘Child Online Risks Awareness Campaign’ through the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications of Cambodia under a Quick Impact Project in 2020, she said.
“We would be happy to offer similar projects to other ASEAN partners as well,” Singh said.
- Bank of New York Mellon Sponsors Small Cap Cyber Security ADR Cyber1 (NASDAQ: CYBNY)
- Dark Web Intelligence, in Cyber security field, Can Prevent beyond Cyber threats
- EU looks to extra spending, diplomacy to bolster cyber security
- Election officials say money, training needed to improve security
- Congress must act to strengthen election security
- France's Macron calls for stronger European security cooperation after attacks
- U.S. pledges nearly $300 million security funding for Southeast Asia
- U.S. pledges nearly $300 million security funding for Indo-Pacific region
- Ukraine finally battens down its leaky cyber hatches after attacks
- After North Korea missile, Britain and Japan agree closer security ties
'India, ASEAN need to strengthen cyber security cooperation' have 403 words, post on ciso.economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.