Apple on Friday will take the wraps off its latest and biggest store redesign: its Fifth Avenue NYC location. CNET got a sneak peak of the revamp on Thursday. The new store, located in the same location right off of Central Park on 59th street and Fifth Ave., is double the size of the old one. New adjustments to the plaza above ground feature a redesigned outdoor plaza with added trees, small water pools (which will be turned off in the winter) and new “sky lenses,” mirrored seating areas with glass centers that allow natural light into the store and sky views from inside the store while giving viewers above ground a “birds-eye” look below. As part of the appeal to be a more communal space and less like a traditional store, the Fifth Avenue store has a number of trees and foliage inside as well. Updated LED lighting adjusts over the course of the day to match the color temperature of the light outside, a feature that is similar to the iPhone’s “Night Shift” mode that gradually makes the screen warmer as nightfall approaches.There are plenty of tables to accommodate Apple’s latest iPhones, Apple Watches, iPads and Macs while a large… Read full this story
- Jewellery line, H&M tie-up, NYC store: How Sabyasachi is stitching a grand play & successful legacy
- Apple tries to halt publication of App Store book allegedly containing company secrets
- Apple’s latest defense of the App Store just shows how hard it is to compete with Apple
- Apple will reopen Beijing stores as coronavirus outbreak continues
- I Went to Kylie Jenner's NYC Pop-Up Shop and Saw
- Opulent $45M Apartment in NYC's Famed Plaza Hotel Is Most Expensive New Listing
- Is Apple’s New Privacy Feature Anti-Competitive, Hyper-Competitive, or Somehow Both?
- Apple's stores in China to remain closed due to coronavirus
- Apple Expects to Miss Revenue Forecast Due to Coronavirus
- Cher brands Donald Trump a 'nutjob' and warns he'll 'soon shoot someone on 5th Avenue' after he granted clemency to political allies then declared himself 'chief law enforcement officer'
Apple re-opens flashy, redesigned Fifth Avenue NYC store have 351 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.