02 Aug 2019, 15:54 IST
Stephanie Frappart will become the first female official to referee a major UEFA men’s match when she takes charge of the Super Cup between Liverpool and Chelsea.
UEFA have confirmed Frappart, who refereed the FIFA Women’s World Cup final between the United States and the Netherlands in Lyon, will officiate the clash between the Champions League and Europa League winners in Istanbul on August 14.
Frappart will lead a team made up of predominantly female officials in the European season’s curtain raiser, with Manuela Nicolosi of France and Michelle O’Neal from the Republic of Ireland appointed as the assistant referees.
Fetching more content…
- Coronavirus in sport: Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup ambassador tests positive
- Referees will have help in Russia
- England 1-2 Italy: World Cup 2014 – as it happened
- Kasparov to take part in online Nations Cup amid pandemic
- Kim Jong-un has NOT had surgery, claim South Korean officials after despot leader returned from 20-day stint out of the public eye sparking rumours of his death
- The Latest: QBs Ryan, Jackson, Lock shine in NFL’s Week 15
- Casey Stoney ideal England replacement for Phil Neville, says Grace Coombs
- Who is the shortest goalkeeper to play in the English top flight?
- Sunday Supplement: Who should be the next England Women manager and what is Phil Neville's legacy?
- AFC brings experts to fight against Saudi's pirate channel
UEFA confirm female official Frappart as Super Cup referee have 224 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at August 2, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.