Update, Aug. 13: Welcome to our ongoing collection of the best MacBook Air deals available. You can still get the MacBook Air for $200 off, but the details have changed. Note CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page. Here’s the latest:
- The best deal on the entry-level MacBook Air is now from B&H Photo, which has the 128GB Air for $900. That’s the late 2018 model, but it’s basically the same as the summer 2019 model except for the lack of True Tone color on the screen. (Most of you won’t miss it.) The step-up 2018 model, equipped with a 256GB SSD, is also $200 off.
- The Best Buy sale has ended — sort of. The 2019 Air was previously $900, but has jumped back up to $1,000. Still, that’s a savings versus the $1,100 you’d spend at the Apple Store (before the student discount).
Check out all of the details below.
Note that CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page.
B&H is offering a $200 discount on the previous edition of the MacBook Air that came out in 2018. It’s nearly identical to the brand-new model — except that it doesn’t have Apple’s True Tone display technology, which is far from a deal breaker. And the discount is substantial: For $900, you get an Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB and a 128GB SSD that’s faster than the one that comes on the newer model.
This is a $100 discount on the brand-new MacBook Air — the one with the Retina True Tone display — that Apple released a few weeks ago. This deal isn’t as compelling as the one from last week, which featured a $200 discount, but this deal — available at Amazon and Best Buy — still has an edge on the Apple Store, where this model sells for $1,100.
Best Buy’s price on the step-up version of the 2018 MacBook Air, with 256GB of storage, has crept up a little bit from its all-time low of $1,050 — but this remains a very, very good deal. Note that the same price is also available at B&H.
Originally published Aug. 5 It’s periodically updated to reflect current pricing and availability.
Best laptops for college students: We’ve got an affordable laptop for every student.
Best live TV streaming services: Ditch your cable company but keep the live channels and DVR.
Best website builders for 2019: Whether you’re a small business owner, artist, photographer, writer or consultant, there’s a website builder out there for you — even if you don’t know how to code.
Best AirPods accessories: Here are some of our top picks to enhance your AirPods experience.
Apple MacBook Air
- Re-insurer acquisition called 'Best Viet Nam Deal 2008'
- Intel ultrabooks take on Apple's MacBook Air
- Apple unleashes Lion, updates MacBook Air
- Suppliers hint at changes to MacBook Air -- Digitimes
- Apple unveils new operating system, MacBook Air
- Vincom Retail takes home Best Private Equity Deal in Asia-Pacific award
- Vietjet to launch HCM City-Taipei air route on December 12
- US-Japan remain divided on TPP deal weeks before Obama visit
- Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch Retina review
- Three reasons a Windows 8 laptop leads, MacBook lags