DIY home security company SimpliSafe has confirmed it has a smart lock on the horizon, after the news leaked Tuesday. It’ll be available on SimpliSafe’s website starting Sept. 15 for $99, and from Best Buy on Oct. 13. A report from Dave Zatz of the site Zatz Not Funny revealed a picture of the upcoming device earlier in the day. For now, SimpliSafe packages include a base station, keypad and yard sign, and motion detectors and sensors can be added to the system at extra cost. They include entry sensors, motion sensors, glass break sensors, the SimpliCam, a panic button, smoke detectors, freeze detectors and leak detectors. Now playing: Watch this: SimpliSafe’s DIY home security system looks better than… 2:29 Other add-ons include a key fob and siren. There’s no monthly fee if all you want is a localized alarm that sounds a siren if there’s a break-in. Professional live monitoring costs $15 a month, and adding the ability to monitor the system from your phone using the SimpliSafe app on top of the professional live monitoring costs $25 a month. First published Aug. 20, 1:59 p.m. PT. Update, 2:25 p.m.: Adds confirmation from SimpliSafe; Aug. 21, 12:09 p.m.: Keypad and… Read full this story
- The coolest smart lock at CES is invisible
- Google Assistant will now help SimpliSafe keep homes secure
- SimpliSafe knocks 50% off all smart home security alarm systems for Black Friday
- The best smart home tech of CES 2020: Lockly Vision, Lucy Vacuum, and more
- 5 hidden connected devices that don't scream 'smart home'
- Elizabeth Smart's 'Strong and Inspirational' Story Is Coming to Lifetime
- Onida LED Smart TV- Fire TV edition review: Value-for-money
- Aurangabad Municipal Corporation floats plan to repair roads via Smart City funds
- Vivint smart home products are now all voice-enabled with Google Assistant
- US Army could add 'smart scope' to its new rifles which will only let soldiers fire if computer guarantees they will hit the target
SimpliSafe has a smart lock coming have 322 words, post on www.cnet.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.