The latest Note phones are finally here. At a presser held in Brooklyn on Aug. 7, Samsung took the wraps off the Note 10, Note 10 Plus and Note 10 5G, three big-screen phones that serve as the successors to 2018’s Note 9. It’s the first time the company released a bigger, “plus” version of its Galaxy Note phone, and the Note 10 5G is also Samsung’s second 5G phone, after the Galaxy S10 5G.
The Note phones join Samsung’s already long lineup of premium phones announced this year. In addition to the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus and S10 5G, for example, the company plans to sell the Galaxy Fold, when it is eventually released in September after a delay, for nearly $2,000. But the Note phones stand out as part of Samsung’s ultraluxe line. The first Galaxy Note launched in 2011 and the devices are usually outfitted with an expansive screen, an S Pen and top-of-the-line hardware. In short, the Note represents Samsung’s best-of-the-best.
Compared to the Note 9, the Note 10 and 10 Plus have more rear cameras, they can directly charge other devices and accessories wirelessly, and their S Pen stylus now has Air motion, which enables users to interact with their phones at a distance. However, the Note 10 has a slightly smaller screen and battery than its predecessor and a surprisingly lower starting price at launch. The new phones are available for preorder and come in three colors: black, white and an iridescent aura glow.
For more information, check out the chart below, where we compare each phone spec by spec.
* Prices at launch
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- When new £5 note came out
- Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov, UFC 229: brawl explodes between camps after Nurmagomedoz wins by submission
- Bristol Bears 17 Bath 10: Stirring win for Premiership new-boys on happy homecoming at Ashton Gate
- 'Notes of Hope' for suicidal people REMOVED from bridge
- Primark has launched Harry Potter shoulder bags…and prices start at £10
- The alternative pathways to Brexit: Theresa May's Chequers deal Vs the Canada Plus option
- German MEP’s aide caught coming out of No10 with Brexit notes on a ‘general election’ and and another ‘public vote’
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 announced with 6.4-inch screen, up to 512GB storage and new S Pen stylus
- Mystery motorcyclist dubbed ‘Sheffield’s Robin Hood’ throws handfuls of £20 notes to strangers before riding off
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 review: 4 reasons to buy the new phone