Twitter suffered a complete outage for approximately an hour Thursday afternoon. The social media platform is up but is not completely functional for everyone.
Twitter users trying to log on to the social network saw a message saying “Something is technically wrong” Thursday. The company confirmed the service was down and found the culprit to be “an internal configuration change” according to the Twitter status page.
Downdetector showed reports from around the globe confirming Twitter was done starting at 11:46 a.m. PT on Thursday.
At the same time Twitter was down, President Donal Trump held a White House Social Media Summit. Both Facebook and Twitter were not invited to the event.
Originally published July 11, 11:59 a.m. PT.Update, 12:08 p.m.: Adds mention of Twitter status page. 12:30 p.m.: Adds background details. 1:04 p.m.: Adds info on outage status.
- Chicago Cubs vs. LA Dodgers: Game Postponed Due To Rain, Power Outage
- Twitter Declares War On Conservative Media, ‘Unverifies’ Breitbart Tech Editor Milo Yiannopoulos
- Enthusiastic Grand Prix fan accidentally adds own voice to global TV coverage
- Twitter reacts as Monaco sign Chelsea target
- Twitter reacts after Russia knocks Spain out of World Cup
- AFI’s tweet “praising” Hima Das sparks huge debate on Twitter
- Capital One fixes system-wide outage
- Jets vs. Panthers: Live updates, highlights, score from NHL Global Series in Finland
- Cadillac Touts Global June Sales “Surge” Amidst 2016 Global Sales Decline
- Post NCAP Results, Maruti Promoting Swift’s Safety On Twitter