Director Taika Waititi will write and direct a fourth Thor movie, his representative confirmed on Tuesday. Waititi directed 2017’s Thor: Ragnarok, and the star of that film, Chris Hemsworth, is expected to return as the God of Thunder/Avenger. There’s no date yet, and very little info, about the new Thor film.
In addition to directing and writing Thor: Ragnarok, Waititi played the alien Korg in both that film and in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame.
But what’s good news for Thor fans may be disappointing info for fans of the Japanese manga Akira. Waititi was set to direct a 2021 film based on that manga, according to The Hollywood Reporter, but the Thor news will delay Akira “indefinitely.”
- Taika Waititi, Ryan Gosling lunch sparks Thor 4 rumours
- Taika Waititi's Akira set for May, 2021 release
- Taika Waititi ribs Ryan Reynolds from set of Free Guy
- Taika Waititi unveils first peek of 'anti-hate satire' film
- Taika Waititi film wins big in Toronto
- Disney worried Taika Waititi's Jojo Rabbit' too edgy'
- Star-studded trailer for Taika Waititi's Jojo Rabbit drops
- Ryan Reynolds gushes over a classic Taika Waititi film
- Taika Waititi announced in new Suicide Squad cast
- Natalie Portman to play female Thor in superhero sequel