On Saturday morning at San Diego Comic-Con, CBS unveiled the first full trailer for Star Trek: Picard, while also naming the premiere date. Picard is set to air on CBS All Access, like its sister show Star Trek: Discovery. (Disclosure: CBS is the parent company of CNET.)
As soon as the trailer is available, we’ll embed it here. For now, here are some of the standout quotes and moments.
Beginning with Picard trying to survive on his family vineyard. “I tried to belong here,” he says, “but it never truly felt like home.”
Isa Briones character Daj, appears on screen, pleading for Picard’s help and shelter. “Everything inside me says I am safe with you.” Cut to Picard at Starfleet, telling someone across from him: “If she is who I think she is, she is in serious danger.” Others throughout the trailer allude to Briones’ character not knowing who she is, or what she’s capable of.
“I don’t want the game to end,” Picard says. “I can see that Captain,” Data (???!?) replies. Is it a dream? it is insanity? Who can be sure until the series arrives.
The series sees Patrick Stewart reprise his role as Admiral Jean-Luc Picard after a long hiatus. Previously announced cast members include Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway and Evan Evagora.
Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman said it’s very different in tone from Discovery. He said Stewart pushed them to think outside the box. “And (to think) about what was important about the box that everybody loves so much, so we asked a lot of questions about what Trek meant to each of us.”
All the songs from Big Little Lies season 2 so far: Sufjan Stevens, Portishead, Donna Summers and Patti Smith are among the artists underscoring the Monterey Five.
Our biggest Stranger Things season 3 WTF questions: Hawkins is full of loose ends, but there are even more mysteries lurking far further from the city limits.
- Star Trek's
- Star Trek: Discovery: A Guide to Its Expanded Universe
- Star Trek: Discovery reimagines the classic franchise for TV's golden age
- Star Trek Discovery review: For fans new and old, it’s a spectacular return to a beloved franchise
- Is 'Star Trek: Discovery' Telling the Borg's Origin Story?
- Now You Can Play The First Star Trek Video Game Ever
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Boldly Goes Where No TV Series Has Gone Before
- Tig Notaro Reveals Why She's Proud to Be a Part of Star Trek: Discovery
- Star Trek Beyond
- Star Trek vs. Star Wars: A Look at Bullying on Any World