Equifax agreed to pay at least $575 million as part of a proposed settlement with the US Federal Trade Commission and other government agencies over its massive 2017 data breach, the FTC said Monday. The breach, which exposed personal data such as Social Security numbers, affected about 147 million people.
More to come.
- Equifax breach victims need to have credit monitoring
- YouTube to pay $170 million over collection of children’s data
- Magid: YouTube settlement has unintended consequence
- Equifax adds step to claim cash in data breach settlement
- Google To Pay $170M Over Child Privacy Laws
- FTC sues Match Group for fake love interest ads
- FTC sues Tinder owner Match Group for placing fake ads
- FTC sues Match Group for fake ads
- FTC sues over fake ads on Match.com
- Don't-pay-till-you-die reverse mortgages are booming in Canada