Scene at the event (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – A dialogue took place in Hanoi on July 1 to discuss opportunities for Vietnamese enterprises resulted from the just-signed EU – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA). Speaking at the event, Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh said the EVFTA not only helps Vietnam expand market and increase export value of its products, but also draws a new wave of EU investment to the country. It will also facilitate the sides to form their new value chains, he added. The official noted the EVIPA supports Vietnam in consolidating its international position as a responsible country in the development of globalisation toward trade liberalisation and facilitation. When the two pacts take effect, they are expected to help Vietnam complete its legal framework and institution and improve the local business climate. As a result, European investors will have better conditions to engage in the development of Vietnam’s food processing, high-tech, and auto industries, among others. Vietnam will also become a magnet to EU capital and a connecting point for the bloc’s trade-investment activities in the ASEAN region. European Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmstrom affirmed the EU wants… Read full this story
- Angela Merkel Hopes to Agree EU-Mexico Free Trade Deal This Year
- Foreign investors can make use of Vietnam's trade deals
- Breakthrough in RCEP negotiations on world’s largest free trade area
- EU signs landmark trade deal with Vietnam
- Is free trade always the answer?
- New rules on IP rights and e-commerce to be set under RCEP free trade agreement
- S.Korea, ASEAN clamor for free trade, anti-protectionism for regional prosperity
- New-generation FTAs create opportunities, challenges for Vietnam’s economy
- Vietnam’s business environment changing for the better: European commerce chamber
- How Can Brexit Affect Vietnam? Let Us Count the Ways
Dialogue spotlights EU-Vietnam free trade, investment protection pacts have 295 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 1, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.