Are UFOs real? Nearly 400,000 have pledged to find out. A Facebook event named Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us has become an internet sensation. At the time of writing, 378K users have signed up to attend the event, located in the deserts of Nevada, and another 396K are “interested” in attending (read: cowards).
Here’s the plan, as per the creator of the event: “We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we Naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Let’s see them aliens.”
“Naruto run” refers to the main character in the eponymous Naruto anime, as seen below. So, that’s it. After decades of mystery, humanity will Naruto run its way to unravelling alien life.
It’s not going to happen. Unfortunately, the event is fake. Fortunately, the memes are real. In an instance of the internet unifying over a key issue of our time, Twitter, Facebook and Reddit really gave us the goods.
Area 51 is a highly classified zone around 150 miles from Las Vegas, Nevada, part of the Edwards Air Force Base. No one really knows what the base is used for, though it’s speculated to be for aircraft development, and as such Area 51 has become synonymous with alien conspiracies. The most popular ones involve alien spaceships or aliens themselves, all allegedly housed within the classified zone.
SDCC, the biggest convention ever, had a very small start: What started as a gathering in a basement has exploded into one of the world’s biggest cultural blowouts.
Spider-Man: Far From Home a perfect Endgame epilogue: Swing back into the MCU with Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in this joyous globetrotting adventure.
- Tiny US town near Area 51 braces for alien hunters
- Revellers reach gates of Area 51 then peacefully rejoin party
- Duterte wants all areas under land reform
- I'll serve as long as people want me to: Mahathir (Updated)
- People want substantive changes in New Malaysia era: Azmin
- Obama 2017? 50,000 French people want him as president
- Trump calls Matt Drudge ‘a great gentleman’ and praises his ‘ability to capture stories that people want to see’
- Govt to study reintroduction of GST if people want it: Mahathir
- Bulgaria detains 43 people in raids on suspected terrorist financing ring
- German police seize wedding rings in people-smuggling raids