Spanish police have seized fake steward bibs, imitation devices for the technical ticket check and false accreditations as demand for Champions League final tickets intensified.
With estimates claiming 100,000 fans have descended on Madrid for the all-Premier League clash between Liverpool and Tottenham the quest to get tickets – both clubs got less than 17,000 each – has become almost impossible.
UEFA issued a warning about fake tickets circulating on the black market and police have stepped up their clampdown on what is an organised attempt to defraud supporters or – at worst – steal their authentic tickets.
Rumours swept the city that 4,000 official tickets would be released on Saturday morning but this has been dismissed by UEFA.
“The Spanish police have seized fake steward bibs, fake devices for the technical ticket check, as well as fake accreditations,” said a statement from European football’s governing body.
“This makes us believe that an organised group of people, impersonating genuine stewards or officials might try to act as if they were conducting the visual or technical ticket check, with the aim of stealing tickets during such controls.
“Supporters should therefore make sure they only show their tickets at the clearly marked check zones and not to individuals or small groups of people who could be wearing fake bibs and might approach them on the way to the stadium, outside of the official check zones.”
- Spurs sell out entire 62,000 allocation for the Champions League screening at new stadium
- Champions League and Europa League OFF due to coronavirus, including Man Utd and Chelsea ties next week
- Battle of Madrid: Spanish Police Await Argentinian Football Hooligan Invasion
- Game Zero: Spread of virus linked to Champions League match
- Champions League knockout stage scores, schedule, live stream, TV listings: Man. City beats Real Madrid
- Atalanta vs Valencia Champions League match was a coronavirus timebomb, top scientist claims
- Scrapping Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup is logical way out of fixture pile-up amid coronavirus outbreak
- When will Man Utd vs LASK be played, and has Europa League been cancelled?
- Man City to become first English team ever to win 50 games in a season if they beat Watford in FA Cup final
- Premier League end-of-season awards: From Hazard’s wondergoal and fantastic Man City to the shambles at Man Utd and Fulham
Spanish police seize Champions League final fake tickets have 371 words, post on cyprus-mail.com at June 1, 2019. This is cached page on ReZone. If you want remove this page, please contact us.