Best-selling horror author Stephen King is bucking the trend of piling hate onto Game of Thrones season 8. King is a notable fan of the show and he’s issued his opinions on it before, including how he would like to see it end.
His latest Game of Thrones-themed tweet is a spoiler-y hot take on the final episodes.
King saddled up a white horse and rode it to the final season’s rescue, saying “I’ve loved this last season of GoT, including Dani going bugshit all over King’s Landing.” He suggests the fan negativity stems from people not wanting the show to end at all.
Season 8 has been divisive. The show’s creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss took a shot at explaining why Daenerys Targaryen burned down the town of King’s Landing with her dragon, but a lot of fans weren’t having it. Over 825,000 people have signed a petition asking HBO to remake the final season with “competent writers.”
King’s thoughts generated a massive amount of Twitter discussion, with some fans respectfully disagreeing and others applauding his statements.
There is one episode left to go, and it will be highly scrutinized. Will Game of Thrones glide into a glorious ending, or will fans spit fury? The likely answer is “both,” but we can be pretty sure Stephen King will enjoy it no matter what.
- Misery comes to Stephen King's Castle Rock series on Hulu
- Rewatching ‘Game of Thrones,’ Season 4: Lannister Stumbles
- Game of Thrones, Blackwater, Sky Atlantic, review
- Review - Demon's Souls - PLAYSTATION 3
- Your 2017 Summer of Geek calendar
- The Hot 100: Movies, music, books and more
- 71 TV Shows We Can’t Wait to See in 2019
- How America Made Donald Trump Unstoppable
- A Brief History Of The Wall Street Journal's Support For Right-Wing Authoritarians