Twilight actor Robert Pattinson could end up playing the Caped Crusader in director Matt Reeves’ upcoming superhero film The Batman, hitting theaters on June 25, 2021, according to a report from Variety on Thursday.
“Pattinson was cast even as Reeves continues to polish a final version of the script,” according to Variety.
However, according to a report from Deadline on Thursday, Pattinson isn’t the only actor in the running. Nicholas Hoult — who stars in both Tolkien and the film Dark Phoenix — is also on the short list for The Batman lead.
Reeves was allowed to pick his own Bruce Wayne, which could end up being the Twilight heartthrob Pattinson or Hoult. If either the 32-year-old Pattinson or the 29-year-old Hoult agree to play the Caped Crusader, either actor will be the youngest to ever play Batman on the big screen.
Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Latest Game of Thrones episode a Song of Fire … and More Fire: “They say every time a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin and the world holds its breath.”
Avengers: Endgame review — Marvel thrill ride tops Infinity War: The satisfying superhero epic doesn’t leave a second to spare. No spoilers.
- Matt Reeves confirms Robert Pattinson Batman casting
- Robert Pattinson to play Batman
- Zoë Kravitz cast as Catwoman alongside Robert Pattinson’s Batman
- New Poll Finds People Are Excited About Robert Pattinson as Batman, But Screw That, They Forgot Adam West
- Robert Pattinson 'in talks for Batman role'
- Robert Pattinson favourite to be the next Batman
- Robert Pattinson ‘the new Batman’
- Robert Pattinson 'approved as the new Batman'
- The Batman starring Robert Pattinson: Plot, release date, cast and more