OnePlus launched its newest phone, the OnePlus 7 Pro, Tuesday. With a 90Hz OLED display and a pop-up selfie camera, the new phone is a massive upgrade from last year’s 6T. It starts out at $670, $80 less than Apple‘s iPhone XR and Samsung’s Galaxy S10E. The OnePlus 7 Pro shows how much the Chinese phone maker can flex its chops and still offer a great value in terms of design and features. But is it worth it?
Out of the three phones, the OnePlus is the only one with a 90Hz OLED screen, which makes animations look smoother and text look sharper. It should be an incredible phone for mobile gaming. The Apple and Samsung phones have displays with a 60-Hz refresh rate, by comparison.
In terms of size, the OnePlus has a 6.67-inch screen, the largest of the three and with the highest resolution. The iPhone XR has a 6.1-inch LCD display and the Galaxy S10E has a 5.8-inch OLED screen.
The iPhone XR and Galaxy S10E offer wireless charging and have bodies that are rated for dust and water resistance. The iPhone has a IP67 rating while the Galaxy is rated at iP68. The OnePlus 7 Pro lacks both of those features.
The OnePlus 7 Pro has triple rear cameras one of which can capture 48-megapixel photos. The Galaxy S10 has a dual rear camera one with a 12-megapixel and the other a 16-megapixel sensor. The iPhone XR just has a single 12-megapixel rear camera.
All three phones are amazing in their own right, but check out the specs of the OnePlus 7 Pro, iPhone XR and Galaxy S10E below to see how they compare to each other.
OnePlus 7 Pro is the best value Android phone: No need to pay $1,000 for greatness.
Best phones for gaming: Killer screens, better controls, speedy guts.
Apple iPhone XR
- OnePlus 7 Pro vs. iPhone XR, Galaxy S10E: We compare every spec
- OnePlus 7 Pro vs. Galaxy S10E, iPhone XR: All specs compared
- Apple reportedly won't have its own 5G iPhone chip until 2025
- iPhone XR vs. Galaxy S10E: Which phone has better cameras
- Galaxy S10 5G, OnePlus 7 Pro: Here are all the 5G phones that are coming
- Airbnb brings former Apple exec Angela Ahrendts onto its board
- Airbnb adds former Apple exec Angela Ahrendts to its board
- iPhone XR vs. Galaxy S10E: Which $750 phone should you buy
- Google reportedly had deal with Mastercard to track retail sales